Sunday, October 23, 2011

Why the name?


My name is Nat. By day (and some nights) I am the technical director and resident set designer at the SCERA Center for the Arts
in Orem, Utah. I infuse puppetry into our shows when appropriate and sponsor Saturday puppet shows at the SCERA and teach puppetry at Brigham Young University.

I also make puppets. In future posts I will relate my personal and professional history in puppetry. The puppeteers I have met, the shows I have designed, the directors and artists I have collaborated with, and the projects I have finished, partially finished, or started over. I will post photos of projects past, present and future.

So...the name, Constant Moon Puppet Co.

I have three dotters (see my wife's blog: 3reeddotters.blogspot.com), a wife, a dog, a bird, a full-time+ job, and a part-time job. They take up most of my daylight hours, and depending on the day of the week, some of my nightlight hours.

I frequently do small freelance jobs designing puppets or masks, or work on my own future puppet projects. The only time I have is at night, constantly and consistently at night. Sometimes ALL night. Even now as I write this post, it is 12:46am.

So the name is in homage to my nocturnal puppet activities. It is also inspired by a recent family event and a project.

The event: A full moon ski lift ride at Sundance with my wife and the 3 dotters.
The project: Video shoot for Mindy Gledhill's song, Winter Moon.


Feel free to comment as I will be posting ideas for future projects, and love opinions and comments.

I hope you enjoy this blog.

Nat


No comments:

Post a Comment